||43 John - Believe:879 - 2009
||Step Into Son-Light
I love early mornings when sunlight first comes up over the eastern sky. But if you’ve ever had the experience of the sun suddenly shining into your eyes (like when you turn westward while the sun is going down), it's not so pleasant. Most people wince when light is shined in their eyes. Jesus is presented here as being "the light of men" and "shining in darkness". But the world cries out, "Turn off that light!" How can Jesus enlighten your life and how will you respond to Him?
- The Light was Represented (vss. 6-8)
- The Messenger John
- The Mission of John
- The Light was Rejected (vss. 9-11)
- By His Own Creation
- By His Own Clan
- The Light was Received (vss. 12-13)
- Became God’s Children
- Born of God
Questions for an EnLIGHTening Discussion:
- What was one of the scariest experiences you’ve ever had in the dark? Why? How is light helpful to your daily life?
- How is rejecting Christ like living in darkness? What’s the solution?
- Talk about the benefits of being a “Child of God”. What are the privileges of this? What about the responsibilities?
Topic: Deity of Jesus
Keywords: deity, John the Baptist, light, eternal life